Search engine optimisation
Search engine optimisation is one of the primary ways that a website can maximise visitor traffic from the web at a potentially low cost. In fact, we believe that every business website should include search engine optimisation within its design and structure, integrated throughout its content and focused in the title tag used on each page.
Your website may be competing in a broad market with high volume search term usage that makes it very difficult to achieve top ranking positions for the best terms, but good visitor numbers can still be achieved from search engine optimisation.
Alternatively you could be operating in a focused niche sector or regional market where a high ranking position can be achieved more easily and you will attract low volume but highly relevant visits. Again, search engine optimisation will be one of your best investments when marketing your site.
Either way, your website can attract visits from prospective customers through the use of effective search engine optimisation. The search market may be more concentrated now through a few core search tools, but established as well as new sites must adopt a search engine strategy as a core online marketing principle.
Implementing effective search engine optimisation
When embarking on a search engine optimisation programme to support the ranking on your website, you will need to consider a number of issues, including:
- Which search terms will give you the best results immediately, and in the long-term?
- How well can your site be indexed by the main search engines and is it also listed on the most popular search directories?
- Will the optimisation of your page content and metatags be working together as effectively as possible?
- Does your site have a link building strategy to support your link popularity?
- What advantages can be gained from developing a search engine optimisation strategy alongside pay-per-click advertising?
How Web Marketing Workshop can help
As we have over 12 years experience in implementing search engine optimisation campaigns for a wide range of business websites in the UK and overseas, we can advise you about the opportunities your site may currently have and what you should be working towards. We can also:
- research the most appropriate search terms for your market that can give your site the best ranking opportunities, then develop the search engine optimisation on your site, retaining the current look and feel as much as possible
- ensure that your website is indexed by the main search engines and then track your ranking performance as your site becomes more established on these top search tools
- support your search engine optimisation strategy by developing the link popularity of your site, or your search marketing through the supplementary use of pay-per-click advertising.
If you would like to discuss the search engine ranking opportunities for your website, please contact us now for more information. Alternatively, why not request our FREE 30-minute marketing report to discover what online marketing opportunities may exist for your site.